Document management, often referred to as Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage, track, process and search for electronic documents and electronic images captured through scanning, e-mail and other methods.
What are the key features of an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)?
Some of the key features in document management include:
- Data capture
- Version control,
- Audit trail
- Workflow for authorisations and approval
- Encryption for data protection
- Mobile access to documents
- Web based forms
- E-mail management
- Automated document indexing
- Integration with other business applications
- Mobile capture of documents
Document management systems today range in size and scope from small, standalone systems to large scale enterprise-wide configurations serving a global audience. Many document management systems provide a means to incorporate standard physical document filing practices electronically and can greatly improve productivity, reduce cost and spare resources for businesses to focus on what’s important.
What the benefits of an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)?
Some of the key benefits of document management include:
- Save time and office space
- Boost productivity
- Reduce cost
- Minimise errors
- Improve data security
- Control access
- Minimise compliance liability
- Improve processes
- Increase cashflow
- Give you competitive commercial advantage
- Reduce environmental impact
If you are interested in finding out how ELITE can help your business achieve the above, please contact us today.